Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day - Victoria Style

Yesterday we headed downtown with some friends to check out the Canada Day celebrations. Holy crap - it was crazy. Brad and I kept looking at each other and wondering - what the hell!? Why doesn't Vancouver have a big celebration like this?

We stuck around for the fireworks, we ended up standing right next to where they were firing them - which is the best place to be for fireworks - I think.

6 comments:

davin Greenwell said...

Yes it's done this way every year. Fireworks seemed a bit short though.. hmm.

We we in front of the Ocean Point on the mini-ferry dock - not too far from you!

rawbean said...

Wow that is intense! I'm personally not a big fan of Canada day celebrations....

Sassy S. said...

Yah i love the Canada Day party in Victoria, so awesome every year!

I always watch it on the lawn of the Empress.

Benjamin Madison said...

Nice shot - I'm glad you enjoyed - last year was even more mega - they had a floating stage in the harbour.

Jabba said...

Davin - Yeah, you must have been just on the other side of the launching spot!

Rawbean - Is this similar to your dislike of giant, crowded music festivals?

Sassy S. - We were surprised at the number of people, so crazy.

Ben - I can't take credit for that photo - no way. It was just the first thing that came up on Google, I believe it's a stage supplier!
A FLOATING STAGE?! Wow....

Invisible G. said...

Wow, you had a good one! I went to Spanish Banks and ate a bad Halibut burger. BOO!