Anyway, I'll get on with it. The stuff on my Ipod is always changing, but there remain two artists who are never removed for any reason because I. Love. Them.
1. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and Hunky Dory


Two of the best albums of all time in my opinion. A few of my favourite songs: Queen Bitch, Kooks, Andy Warhol (I love the way this one starts), Soul Love and Hang on to Yourself. Every single song is amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Never to depart off my ipod. Ever.
2. Tom Waits


What can I say about my favourite musician ever? Right now I have 12 of his albums on my Ipod**, and it physically hurts me to remove any of them. Every song he does sounds unique. He can make me cry just by the way he sings a lyric, not to mention the lyrics themselves....ohhh, he is the best.
And now for stuff that I'm currently into.
1. She Wants Revenge


I think I'm the only one who has gone ga-ga for these guys. My husband hates them: "80's depressing crap". I don't get it. 80's? I think not. Others like them, but don't seem to be as enthralled as I am. His voice haunts me. The best song is Out of Control - the beat gets me every time. So edgy.
2. Chromeo
OK, when I first heard these guys, I thought "Nope. They are WAY too 80's for me. I can't handle it." But the more I listened, the more I got into it. I love playing them in the car - they always bring a smile to my face. Tenderoni*** and Call Me Up are my favorites.3. Twin Sister
This music is super mellow and I love the way she curls her voice over the words in the song "I Want a House". So unique and different from other stuff on my ipod.
4. Ladyhawke
Ooohhh.....I love these guys. This music has edge - which is pretty important if I'm going to like a band. Remember this post? This is the song that gave me a great feeling about being in Victoria, so it will likely remain in high rotation on my ipod for awhile.5. Home Video
This is my latest find - all on my own too - meaning without Rawbean's help! She has tutored me well...these guys are interesting. Check it out, they have a link on their site for a free download.*She does not share my love of Bowie and Waits though.
**Please note my little ipod is only a 4GB, this is a lot of space.
***I love the part in this song near the beginning where they sing "It's Chromie-it's chromie-it's chromie-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!" Too much.
4 comments:
To live without music is to exist without water. Yes, I finally posted... she's baaaack!
Awesome post, but you gave me way too much credit. You must be paranoid that I will freak out if you don't - so I am sorry for that!
I am going to check out Home Video! Thanks for the tip. AND I think I should give Bowie and Waits a chance. I know Heidi loves Bowie....I think...
IG - So glad you're back! I've missed you.
Rawbean - Nah, you totally deserve the credit. Where would I be without you?
Woah. Giving them a chance huh? Yay!! How could you not love Queen Bitch and Emotional Weather Report?
Hey sis. This is a great post. Reminds me I have to reacquire Ziggy Stardust.
I also wanted to let you know there are other out there who like She Wants Revenge (i never found my 2nd album, guess I lost it)
Post a Comment