Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Bad Room Mate

Behold.

Ziggy.

Named after Ziggy Stardust, of course. He is also affectionately known as Bad Room Mate, Stripey, Nutcase, Pudge-o-Rama, and Spaz. I have devoted an entire series of cartoons to his Bad Room Mate Behavior. Here is one:


If you don't let him in the bathroom with you while you shower, pounding and scratching on the door ensues until you think you will go mad. During your shower of death, he looks in at you and alternately scratches the outside of the shower curtain like something out of Psycho. We have long thin gashes in our shower curtain from this behavior.

When it comes to hanging out with you while you're reading or watching tv, uh....yeah. He does not use furniture like a typical cat. Rarely do you find him curled up on the sofa cushion seats - in fact he's creeped out by them sometimes. He prefers the arm.

When it comes to playing, well - let's just say this is where the name 'Spaz' comes into the picture. One of his favourite things is to have Brad chase him around at top speeds, hence scaring the shit out of him. He loves it and literally begs for it*.

One of his other favourite activities is to lie on the floor, preferably in the middle of the living room. You know the cardboard tube that holds the toilet paper? He attacks one of these, lies on his side, holds on to it with his front paws like an otter and chews it to pieces. He doesn't eat the pieces....instead he spits them all over the floor.


I know blogging about your cat could be seen as lame or boring to others. But clearly our cat is not normal cat blogging material. I wouldn't change a thing about this guy, the more mental the better in my books.

*He approaches you sideways and 'meows' in a questioning manner.

7 comments:

rawbean said...

I love the dryer photo! Did you just walk in there and find him looking back at you?

Davin Greenwell said...

I loves the top photo.

Jabba said...

Thanks you two. Yes - you never know what you're going to find in this house. You turn a corner and run into THAT.

Sassy S. said...

Oh Ziggy! Isn't he great :)

Invisible G. said...

Haha, photographic evidence! Zigs can't deny it now. Was wondering if the dryer photo would make your blog.:)

Chris said...

Awesome cat! I used to have a psycho cat myself (Basil)...if you got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night he would lurk around corners, jump out and scratch your ankles until they bled. I love cats.

even pretty girls need to read said...

hahaha I LOVE Bad Room Mate!