I'm as shocked as you are!
These are Chocolate Meringue cookies and boy are they easy and fun to make! I got the recipe from my Mom. It was in an old recipe book of my Grandma's, who got it from her friend who still lives on Dallas Road here in Victoria!
They are slightly hard on the outside and soft and squishy on the inside. And they are dairy free, and wheat free which is fantastic because I'm on a new diet.The only thing I would recommend is using a hand mixer. I can't imagine whipping egg whites for that long with a whisk. Laura Calder does it, but she's highly trained, and doesn't like machines.
Here is the recipe:
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
Mix until frothy. Add
1/2 cup white sugar (add 2 tbsp at a time) blending between each addition.
Now beat until very stiff peaks. Fold in:
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 package dark chocolate chips
Spoon on to a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake in a 300F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet before removing.
I got 24 cookies out of this batch.
2 comments:
It may surprise you to know that I HAVE MADE THESE COOKIES before! Crazy hey???
Oh and they are DELICIOUS!
Holy shiz, those look dee-licious!
I'm definitely trying this recipe.
Post a Comment