But when I got there, I was confused because when I walked in the only door available, there were sushi and Thai take-out places inside. There was a sign for Cafe Fantastico, but it seemed there was no coffee shop around?
I walked around to the other side of the building and through the back door - into the same space. Wow, did I feel like an idiot. Then I realized that the 'coffee shop' I was seeking was simply a coffee bar with two extremely impractical (for my purposes) tables in the middle of crowds of people and Japanese and Thai food happening in the same space.
Not what I had in mind. At all.
So I walked out and hit Serious Coffee on Cook Street. This is an island-only coffee shop chain - well, better than Starbucks...
As I reluctantly walked in the door to Serious Coffee I felt disappointed with my outing until I spotted a bright pink Victoria Film Festival guide - in the free magazine rack! Just like the Vancouver Film Festival guide - but way better! There aren't nearly as many films, but the guide seems to be well put together and even includes film schedules! Score.
I had a giant mocha, wrote a letter and read my book in a more warm, comfortable atmosphere. I will definitely try Cafe Fantastico, but only if I'm looking for take-out coffee.*He is my favourite local (Victoria) artist, I discovered him at a craft fair in December.
4 comments:
Jabba out and about. So cute.
I know this is totally a cute post. I like that you really wanted to go to a place called cafe fantastico!
did that place have a backyard courtyard? if so, i think i went there last year with my brother-in-law when we were visiting.
btw - if you need an easy pizza dough recipe (that is homemade yet instant), let me know. we have a great one.
chantoon.
Chantoon - It looked like it did actually. I think we've figured out the pizza dough, although I tried once more and it STILL had issues rising. I'd love to try your dough out.
Post a Comment