Monday, August 18, 2014

Pender Island II

We went to to another cabin on the weekend!

We found this place on VRBO. It was fantastic!! We were surprised to see it has only been operating since June. 




We'll be going back here for sure. It was the perfect weekend getaway for two. I could easily stay here a week or longer.

We had breakfast in the sunshine and a yummy bbq moonlit dinner outside. We went for hikes, sat on beaches, checked out the farmer's market and read in the sunshine on the deck.

We drank wine and port and ate Cheezies - I realize these are on the opposite ends of the spectrum but they are also both on my list. We didn't eat them at the same time.....what do you take me for?!



I'm getting more and more emotional as my surgery approaches. For some reason the thought of French Beach brings me to tears. I bought a bracelet at the farmer's market on Pender which I'm not taking off until they make me - I'm clutching at anything that brings me comfort.



I started When God was a Rabbit and put it down after 75 pages. I have zero tolerance for crappy books these days. I was glad to see Christielli agreed with me.



Luckily there was a bookstore on the island that we had visited on Friday afternoon. I bought a potentially good page turner so started that instead. I always pack back-up books so it wasn't like I had nothing. There are also the 14 books on my iPad....

One more thing to do this summer - Seattle. I can't believe I'm only at work another two weeks.


2 comments:

Christielli said...

Life is far too short for crappy books.

I love these pictures of your getaway, esp the overhead one of you eating cheezies.

Glad you are packing the time before your surgery with lots of fun things.

Christielli said...

p.s. I should mention that I finished that book because I was on jury duty and had nothing else to read and could not leave the building. That's the only reason.