Thursday, May 10, 2012

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I like baseball way more than hockey and I'm a Canadian.

I'll let that sink in and pause a moment while Citric removes my blog from her bookmarks.

I grew up watching hockey and baseball with my Grandpa so I have fond memories of both sports. Baseball just suits me better:

1. I love that you can sit in the sun, have a beer and a hot dog and have a good visit with your buddy while watching the game.
2. I like that the players wear belts.
3. There is no fighting.
4. I love how the game can change so quickly. If a team has a 4 point lead, the other team can tie the game in one play.


I'm so excited to go to the Jays game this summer. This time we are sitting on the third base side. Last time, we sat on the first base side. 

I'm already craving that hot dog and beer.

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

HAHAHAHA!

Not removing you from the list. :-) I know a number of Canadians like yourself who prefer other sports to hockey. Enjoy the Jays game! I've never been to one myself, but then I've never been to an NHL game either. Shocking, I know!

Christielli said...

I relate to this post COMPLETELY. I never liked hockey very much. I think in grade 8 I tried to (to impress a boy), but it didn't take at all.

Oh, how I miss the glory days of the 92/93 Jays.

Hot seats you got there. I haven't sat in anything but the cheap seats in years. But that's 'cuz I can go more often than you.

I never really thought about how awesome it is that they can wear belts in baseball.

Oh, random fact, my parents watch EVERY televised Jays game.

Jabba said...

Citric - I went to a Canucks game and I must say it was REALLY fun! We sat in the Molson Canadian zone, which helped.

Christielli - the more I hear about your parents the more I like them. I remember 1993, when they won we drove around the town cheering!