Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kickin' It, Victoria Style

Holy crap what a gorgeous day. What fabulous weather we're having! It's ridiculously hot today, so I got out and took advantage of it.

I put on a summery dress and drove to my "super secret parking spot" just across the blue bridge. Then walked downtown to Wildfire Bakery which sells freshly baked spelt bread and cookies. Tomorrow is "Spelt Day" which is similar to Yogurt Day from this post. I'm super stoked about Spelt Day because I haven't had bread since February.
February people.


I'm planning on toast in the morning with jam and peanut butter, then a veggie sandwich for lunch and bread with dinner. I can't wait.

I also found a lovely fabric store downtown called Gala Fabrics. (There is also a location in Vancouver.) A lady at another store put me on to them for notions, and they had just what I need to make another Buttercup Bag. I'm gradually learning where to do my craft shopping in this city - other than FabricLand.

I got home and I'm spending the rest of this gorgeous afternoon outside on the balcony.


I'll be hanging out with some Crush freezies, my ipod, the cryptic crosswords and our herb garden. It's perfect in the shade....

When we moved over from Vancouver, we had to get rid of all my soil so the container garden this year is much smaller. But we have planted some herbs and they are doing really well.


Mint always seems to grow like a weed, and I'm afraid it's crowding out the rosemary so we'll have to have some tea soon. We also really wanted Italian parsley because we can never seem to find it in the store.

We planted basil from seed and I had my doubts, but it's super happy and growing like crazy.



3 comments:

rawbean said...

Your plants look so great!! Teach me, teach me....

Invisible G. said...

Lady, impressive herb garden. And hilarious how Zigs ended up in the shot, looks like he's 'concentrating' on something. Hee.

Benjamin Madison said...

The herbs are impressive - I used to grow basil under the banana and papaya trees in my compound in Africa - after a while it self-seeded and I used to mow it like a lawn, just for the smell.

ps: I've seen the little parking guys on scooters marking tires where your super-secret spot is (I think it's officially signposted as a 2 hour zone.... so take care.)