Investing in Myself
Today was my first day at work in 4 weeks. I took a leave of absence to deal with some health issues. I was at the point that if I continued on at the rate I was going I would have been no use to anyone. I had to do it.
Let me tell you it was one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
I'm looking at it as an investment, because it was time off without pay. Things will be tight for a while, but we will be fine.
On my time off I did nothing but read books, watch movies and relax. Some people might find this difficult but not me. I went to the library and looked through the stacks - something I haven't done for a long time.
I read three of these books (one of them in 24 hours), started two and put them down right away and didn't bother with the sixth. Look for them in future book reviews. I'm open to reading hardcovers if I don't have to cart them around with me, this was the perfect opportunity.
It's tough going back, but I feel like it's a new beginning.
6 comments:
YAY! Like the idea of an investment in yourself and can totally relate. I think everyone needs a significant time off work at one point or another and then maybe again....hehe.
Talk to you soon little buddy.
Good for you for taking the time off when you need it. Such a great decision. I'm so glad that you did it.
Looking forward to your book reviews.
Hope the first day back was good. I know how tough it is to go back to work after an extended period of time. ;)
OH! And yay you coming here! So exciting!
Oh, and since I know your IRL name, I found you on Fbook so we can be friends... I figure that will help us co-ordinate schedules. I tend to be out of town a lot during the summer, but if I know when you are coming, hopefully I can plan my travel around you.
Glad you're feeling better after some time off. :)
Wow, 4 weeks went by fast. I think everyone needs to do that some time in their working lives....just a break from it all. It is funny, 'cause the financial issue of taking time off completely outweighs the psychological benefits.
Have fun returning to etch-a-sketch. Ha!
Adam.
As a person who took two blissful weeks of leave from work back in the day, I give you a resounding HUZZAH! It feels so good to invest in yourself-- I hope the time off was enough to help deal with the health issues.
Best of luck reincorporating yourself into the working world again. It's a tough transition, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Post a Comment