I've never been to the opera but I've always wanted to go. Since I don't know anything about opera, I thought that La boheme would be a good place to start. Watch this video from the movie, it will give you an idea. DO. IT.
Yesterday, I remembered that I had heard somewhere that La boheme was playing somewhere in Victoria. I mentioned it to Brad and we started looking for tickets. There was a performance this Thursday night that we were looking at going to.
Then as Brad's finger was hovering near the 'purchase' button...
"But wait!"
(imagine me singing that, super dramatic opera style, while putting my hand on Brad's forearm....)
"What if La boheme is playing in Rome when we get there?! Let's just LOOK."
Frantic typing ensued until we discovered......ohmigod yes it's playing when we are in Rome. What are the chances?! We desperately looked into each others eyes as......
We bought tickets.
Here is the theatre.

I'm still struggling with the idea that we are going to Rome in 17 weeks.....now I have to absorb this! Can you believe it?! We have to go - it's totally meant to be!!!Now I have to figure out what to wear.
2 comments:
I've never seen Moonstruck. I guess I really should!
Wow! Opera in Rome. That place looks amazing!
Opera in Rome > Opera in Victoria. Hands down! Talk about synchronicity!
Post a Comment