Saturday, March 13, 2010

Girls weekend - well, kinda

So Brad went snowboarding this weekend - overnight. He left early this morning and will likely be gone until tomorrow night.

So I have the house to myself! There has been a lot of sleeping in, cinnamon buns, sewing, Jane Austen movies and hangin' with Ziggy today.

I'm planning to put five (yes, five!) new bags in my shop. I was going to do it today but realized Brad took our camera. Four of them are really 'spring' themed, I'm excited to see how they will be received.

In other news, I got this book as a birthday gift.


There are so many projects I can see myself completing that I'm literally at a stand-still. Do you ever get that way before starting a massive project? It happens to me at work too, I'm like a deer in headlights when about to start a big project.

So I think this will be my first project - you guessed it - a bag! Why not start easy, in familiar territory?



My favourite online shop is having a sale, and with the Canadian dollar sitting where it is, I splurged and bought three metres. I think I'll use this one for the bag in the photo above.

These are the other two fabrics that are on their way to me. What do you think?

2 comments:

Dana said...

The brown/light blue/kelly green combo is one of my personal favourites. Can't wait to see what the fabrics end up becoming!

rawbean said...

I can't wait to see the new bags!! Five! That's incredible. Hope Brad comes back with the camera soon.