Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Old Friend Revit

Now here is a sight I haven't seen in a long time.

Ahhh....Revit. It's been about 9 months since I've seen you. Last night I opened you up.....I can't even remember why....and I tried to rotate a 3D object and....Could. Not. Remember. How. Then I realized I wasn't even in the 3D view, I was in the plan view.

This is bad.

So today I've decided that I had better reacquaint myself with my old friend. I'm measuring and drawing up my entire apartment. I'm planning to fully model the kitchen and all of the furniture.

I'll even throw in this guy that I modelled.
He's a cartoon that Rawbean drew for me one day at work. I hung it on my wall and decided that I would like to make him a Revit model. I put him in projects that I work on, like a signature. He's really small so you can't see him when you print out drawings. But if you are lucky enough to be glancing around the 3D view, you might see him hiding behind a table leg.

2 comments:

Invisible G. said...

It's insane how much clients love the concept of 3D! We hear it all the time at the office.

What an awesome idea on modeling the kitchen and furniture. That should polish your skills lickety split!

rawbean said...

Awhhh I forgot about that little guy....he is so cute! You really captured and enhanced the 2D sketch. You need to bring him along with you in the future into new projects....hehe...

Very smart to polish your skills.