Jason is my oldest friend, and his wife Kris is one of the greatest women I know.
Coincidentally the night before we arrived, Jason's landscaping company won two Gold and three Silver Keystone Awards. This is huge. Jason started his company up from nothing just three years ago, so you can imagine how much hard work he's put into it. The Keystone awards mean lots of good things to come. So the fact that we were arriving the next day was perfect!
Jason was a chef before he started his landscaping company...yeah...we ate well. Sunday night - salmon, steak, home made bread. I know - as if I'm passing up Jay's home made bread. On the menu Monday - Alaskan King Crab. Damn, it was fantastic.
Did I mention the wine? Kris and Jay went on a big wine tour through the Okanagan this summer and picked up a bunch of great wines for us to try. Was it the best wine I've ever had?Yes.
Jason and Kristina are the only other people I know who would consider choosing a pet just to make fun of it. We do this with our Bad Room Mate, so we could totally relate when we met their dog Coco. He tore through the living room like a little mop when we showed up, we took him kayaking where he took his place as Captain Coco. We had lots of great nicknames - Mop, Stinky, Chicken Legs......hilarity ensued.
We spent hours in the hot tub, drank amazing wine, ate lots of great food and had an excellent time catching up and revelling in Jason's recent success. But the biggest thing I've come home with is an increased respect for my old friend and how far he's come.
This guy inspires me to be a better person.
2 comments:
Wow hon, sounds like an amazing time!
I laughed out loud at the pet nicknames. Lately I call Amelie Stink Bum. Hehe..
And why Coco? For Coco Puffs or Coco Chanel?
Oh, I can't see the wine label. Can you tell me what it is? I may just try it.
Soo much to say, but I'll stop now.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Kamloops! Congratulations to your friend for his accomplishments.
Post a Comment