Brad found this really rustic cabin - it's actually an original cabin that they've reinforced and updated with power, running water, hot tub - you know - the essentials for survival.

So, we actually got to go on a short hike, which was incredible for me because with the state of my knees I honestly thought I'd never get to see another forest again! And as you can see, we saw some Orange Aliens so it was worth it. (I know none of you know what I'm talking about, but Chris sure does!)

We hiked down to a beach called Pebble Beach, it had some really great tide pools and the entire beach was made up of super cool rocks. So awesome, it was fun exploring and watching Brad skip rocks. Although for some reason I always feel guilty when I pick up a rock and throw it back into the water. Like the rock is saying "...but it took me 100 years to make it this far up the beach!"

Another crazy fact about the cabin we stayed at is that it had the smallest sink I've EVER seen in the bathroom. Check it out, we figure it's a sink off a boat or something.

It was a great little island, everything was closed up for the season - not that there is much going on there anyway. But a great place to get away to. And I'm pretty sure there is a ferry that goes directly to Galiano from Vancouver. We had to island hop on the way there (Mayne and Pender) and on the way back (Mayne).
Still, there's nothing like spending a weekend away, relaxing, playing cards, drinking red wine and sitting in a hot tub.
2 comments:
Awesome post! Love the part about the poor rocks - ya I'm always worried the beach is going to run out!
That cabin looks amazing - go brad!
Awh, I've been to Galiano too. It is a really pretty island. Glad you had a good time Jabba!
Post a Comment