So I got an iPhone recently - my first one. I'm usually late to get on these bandwagons. I was talking to someone yesterday about how I want to get on the bandwagon of tights and long sweaters.....I wonder if that trend is already on it's way out? Enlighten me.
We went to the Metric/Stars concert, this was the first time I've been to a concert with a camera. It felt so weird to whip it out and starting taking photos. I thought some bouncer was going to leap out of the darkness at any moment and take it away from me.
Anyway, I always thought apps were going to be over rated, and I still think most of them are. That was before I downloaded Instagram.
The only downside (other than it being bought by Facebook which is now it's biggest downfall) is that it makes me feel like a big cheater.
You can take a photo of anything and make it look amazing - my bed in the morning above, a construction site below...seriously? But that's also part of the draw I guess.
I started following a bunch of popular people, but recently I've been thinking about paring down. I don't necessarily want crisp clean photos that have probably taken an hour to set up. I'd rather see photos from random moments in ordinary people's lives.
Much more interesting!
4 comments:
I've heard awesome things about Instagram. I still haven't jumped on the iphone wagon, but (super geeky confession coming up), I plan to... after Mercury stops its current retrograde. I know. Zodiac nerd alert!!
Your photos look awesome, by the way. I especially like the coffee shop one with the red cup.
I can't wait to get my new iPhone 5 in February 'cuz it's got a better camera than my 3GS so my concert photos will be waaaaaaay better. I only like to take one or two pictures at a show for a memento, and then just enjoy the music.
Instragram is way fun and I'm glad that you joined the bandwagon. I've been enjoying your photos!
These are all great shots… I love Hipstamatic for the same reasons. Haven't gotten into Instagram yet, though. I downloaded the app but wasn't willing to "sign-up" so that went the wayside.
And so not cheating… :-)
PS - how was Metric/Stars? I'm not a concert person but I would totally have gone to that one!
Ha! I've seen you on Instagram girlie. :) Loving your shots. And I think instagram is just that - can totally capture that moment you're experiencing and in a way that's graphic and beautiful.
I really hate HDR tricks, but Instagram doesn't annoy me. Go figure!
Post a Comment