Monday, May 16, 2011

Opera Threads

So you know how we're going to the opera in Rome?

Remember how at the end of my post about it, I said that I had to figure out what I was going to wear? Well, it's finally come together.....

Here is a photo of me and my dad that was taken on my wedding day. That's me - in the white dress. My dress was super simple - I actually bought it at Frocks - a bridesmaid dress store.


Are you getting excited? Do you like where this is going?!

Here is another picture of the dress in action. Don't ask - I'm not sure what I'm doing with the spatula.

When I bought the dress I bought two extra sashes - one in brown and the other one in green - because I really did think I would wear it again.

So right away after we bought the opera tickets, we decided that I would finally get my dress hemmed and wear it. What better place to wear it than to see
La Boheme in ROME?

So my dress has been "in the shop" for a few weeks. I found a fantastic shop called Covet and the owner, Catherine was fantastic. I was in no rush, so we took our time.


I decided to add straps too cause I always felt like it was a little busty. I changed the sash to the brown one.

Here is the whole thing - what do you think???

Can you believe it's the same dress?

I had to shorten the brown sash too, because I didn't want it hanging below the new hem.

I bought a brown scarf to wear over my arms, and the clutch.

This clutch.......Ohmigod it deserves it's own blog post.


Best thing I've ever bought off Etsy. Here is the shop if you're interested. It's so gorgeous, I can't stand it. I wanted something classy, something to go with my dress, and something big enough to hold our camera. I splurged, but it's SO worth it.

Can you handle the pink lining?


So this is a little bit of what's been on my mind the last month or so. Tonight is the first night I've seen the entire thing all together.

It's going to be the best night EVER!

6 comments:

rawbean said...

The dress looks amazing! Shortening it totally took the "bride" edge off - its awesome! And I love that clutch. Take lots of pictures when you're actually there!

Christielli said...

That's so awesome that you got your wedding dress revamped into something you can wear again (and to the opera in Rome no less)! I agree with rawbean about the shortening.

And I LOVE the clutch!

Well done. You are a blog fashion icon!

robyn said...

The dress looks absolutely gorgeous! Great job - you might be one of about 10 people in the world who've been able to repurpose their wedding dress and actually DID it!

Robin said...

Love it!!!

Dana said...

AWESOME!!! I love how everything came together in the end-- the dress, the shoes, the sash, the clutch, the OPERA, the ITALY-- everything is perfect! :)

Rudi said...

Wow loks great. How exciting to see an Opera in Rome. You will have a fantastic time.

Question, what is Brad wearing?