Friday, March 4, 2011

PCD Course

So I'm taking another course. Remember my Spanish class? Well, this one is different. It's work related. The content is...let's say a little more dry. It's through Construction Specifications Canada, the course is called Principles of Construction Documentation.

Basically the course description is an overview of how construction documents are put together, the relationships between contractor, architect, client etc. It sounded perfect for me because I'm always so involved on the drawing side of things, I don't fully understand how everything works as a whole.

Are you still awake?

This is coinciding with the first spec book I'm putting together at work for a project. Unfortunately I'm starting off with a spec that was put together by a guy who was known for super sloppy work. Needless to say, specs have been on my mind the last couple weeks.


I've been listening to La Boheme for
days now, all my reading is based in either Florence, Rome or Venice, I've been reading art books, our Italy travel book......so the combination is interesting.


The other night I dreamt that I had to put together a spec book for this painting:

I woke up about 10 times that night in a sweat.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Oh dear, Jabba-- that sounds like a brutal combination. You can't mix such rich culture with such dry PCD classes! :)

rawbean said...

I like your second last photo of all your loot - you trying to squeeze interesting things over top of your course book!

I'm sure it will be super valuable in the end!

Christielli said...

LOL That course has completely lodged itself in your subconscious, eh?

Glad you have Italy as the light at the end of your tunnel!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, specs. You feel my pain, especially when using EW's old ones.

I feel for ya.

AG.