Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some Randomness

I knit this toque for Brad. He picked out the yarn! The last toque I knit him was great and lasted a couple of seasons but the yarn he picked pilled quickly so he was wanting a new one.

Our Bad Room Mate has taken to this cardboard box we brought home from our Kamloops trip. No matter where the box is - he's in it. If we move from one room to another, we just pick up the box with him in it and transfer it to the other room.

I'm spending time this week refreshing my brain with the Building Code and Revit. I'm super comfy again with Revit but the code is never a comfortable thing. I'm going to test myself and make sure I know where everything is. I have an old code though and the new one is laid out differently. Ah, well.

On our way into Kamloops last weekend we were planning to stay the night at Brad's parents house (it's empty, they are traveling) and heat up some dinner that we had brought from home. Not very exciting.

When the ferry had almost reached the dock, I had a bright idea. I jumped up from my seat and said to Brad, "Ohmigod! We have the
CAR. Let's drive into Vancouver and get some cheap sushi!!"

Now there is a luxury: driving on the ferry.

4 comments:

rawbean said...

Awhhh the cat. He must like feeling protected or something in there.

Chris said...

Very nice hat there! I like its tweediness. What is the yarn?

Invisible G. said...

Did you go to Minato's? Dang good sushi!

Jabba said...

Rawbean - Knowing Zig, it's something much more crazy.

Chris - The yarn is Queensland Collection, Kathmandu Aran. It's super tweedy and has little flecks of colour every once in awhile.

IG - I think that's the name of the place?