Just got back from vacation. It was awesome!
First we went to Hornby Island for camping. It was the first time for our new tent.
It was super simple to set up. We love it, it's so roomy and has a vestibule for our shoes. Imagine.
We stayed in a private campground which we don't normally visit. But this one was steps away from an amazing beach so we gave it a try.
Woah. Totally worth it. This was one of the nicest beaches I've visited out here.
Got up early and caught the low tide. We spent a few hours exploring. The rest of the time we spent either relaxing in the campsite...gin and tonic....
...or exploring other hikes and walks around the island. This is the best way to chill - hang out in nature. We are so lucky to live here.
Then we visited another beach that was like something from Star Trek Original Series.
At one point we were looking in a tide pool and something big frantically started splashing under one of the big rocks. "What the - ? Is something evolving under there!?"
Then we visited Denman Island for three nights in a cabin on the water.
There was a great walk we could do from the tip of Denman Island to Tree Island when the tide was out. This photo is looking south towards Denman Island from the beach at Tree Island.
Brad convinced me to wear my bathing suit. I don't usually swim in the ocean - it's way too cold. But it was a hot day so we did it - it was so refreshing coming out of the water. And there were tons of little jelly fish swimming around us.
I learned that if I put my phone on airplane mode I can last three days on one charge - and that's with taking tons of photos.
This will become the norm for me now while I'm away. Who needs emails about work coming in when you're hiking or hanging out on a beach!?




2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I've always wanted to go see the chocolate factory on Denman Island. It looks like a super chic cedar cabin, but they make chocolate there!!
The new tent looks awesome, and man oh man do I want some r&r soon! The Gulf Islands are the best for that. Glad to hear/see you had a great time!
Awww looks like a great vacation. I'm jealous of the natural beauty of the west coast.
Post a Comment