Last weekend Christielli was in Vancouver! She got on the ferry with Rawbean and Becca T for a visit to Victoria. I was so excited. Spending time with a bunch of amazing women doesn't happen for me very often so it was a day to savour.
We had brunch, did some shopping and drinks and dinner later. Lots of chatting, catching up and generally enjoying hanging out together. It was fantastic, I'm so glad they all went out of their way.*
Rawbean gave me a belated birthday present and it was unbelievable. I honestly never thought I'd own one of these.....
Anyone who spends this much money on something they know I love and worship is top notch. She prefaced it with 'it's been a tough year and it's a milestone birthday'.
This is true, it's been a crappy year.
Last week was horrrible too. On one of the worst days I cracked the bottle open after work. Wow. When you have one of the best things ever at your fingertips all your troubles melt away.
On another note, when your husband says "You should go look in the freezer behind the ice cubes" you should be excited. I wasn't disappointed. My favourite ice cream!
I'm ashamed to say he hid it because if I actually knew it was there I likely would have eaten it all in one sitting.
I'm hoping for a better week ahead. I'm filling my weekend with good books** and lots of nerdy science videos to ease the pain of last week.
*Even though it poured rain the entire time. Screw you weather!
**More on this later
2 comments:
Yes! So glad that we got to meet up, despite the rain! It's true, such a wonderful group of women don't get to meet up often enough!
Hope next week is better!
Glad you cracked open the scotch.
Can't wait to read about your books and nerdy science vids.
Quality time with girlfriends is the best, but I can't even remember the last time I spent time with plural girlfriend'S'... How sad!
Luckily, this pain is easily erased by chocolate and cat videos on YouTube. And I wonder why I don't have multiple girlfriends to hang out with at once? ;)
Post a Comment