So I tried again. It didn't go well.
I was so excited to read this. It was supposed to be super creepy, I loved the idea of the story, it's written in a new an interesting way and it was raved about online.
There were a few moments of creep, but it wasn't enough to keep me engaged. The way the book is written is strange - which I was actually enjoying in the beginning. I liked the footnotes that went on for pages, or the nearly empty pages and meaningless references.
There are two stories going on at once. One was the creepy story about the house and the people who were living in it - this is the part I was getting into. The other was based on the guy who was writing the footnotes....
...and it was all about how he screwed lots of hot babes and went to work and had panic attacks.
Yeah.
Then the creepy story just got....boring. I closed the book, took it back to the library and found this great review on Good Reads. Here is a portion.
Well said.


3 comments:
That review is awesome. The Radiohead reference is so true....
Bahaha, great review.
Sometimes you just have to give up on ridiculous books. Life is too short and there are too many great books out there.
Sniff, I actually love Radiohead. Honestly and truly, since before OK Computer, too. (Pablo Honey, anyone?)
Maybe I'd like this piece of shit book then (for real), too? So confused now!
Post a Comment