I've found an interesting source for good music too. You'll never believe it - the show House.....ahem. I know.
I have this afternoon off work. It's amazing how much giddiness 4 hours of freedom brings. I'm spending the day hanging out with Ziggy, listening to music and just relaxing - what bliss.
Eric Bibb
Man, this guy is so smooth, so raw and bluesy in a soft way. I love the lyrics (ie: 'I'm gonna make you some money you can fold') and get a such a warm fuzzy feeling listening to him. I'm surprised my Mom doesn't know about him cause he is right up her alley. My favourite - Shine On. Check him out.
Keb Mo'I love classy men, don't you? He is very similar to Eric Bibb, between the two of them I'm in heaven. I'll take all I can from these guys. He is a little more on the blues side. I love his song 'Shave Yo Legs'. I can only hope Brad feels this way about me. Ahem....
Amos LeeThis is a guy I first heard on House. Seriously? How come I've never heard him before?! He is like a more classy version of John Mayer. Colours is the best song. I'm definitely loading up on his stuff.
AdeleDefinitely a much more classy and tolerable version of Amy Winehouse. Her voice is awesome and I love the song Chasing Pavements - it reminds me of Vancouver. I think she has a new album out.....I should do my research before I do these posts.
FeistHow long did we all count down until this album came out? Yeah....I've listened twice and I'm not ready to make any solid judgements quite yet. I will say that I'm not a huge fan of songs without structure....that's the only way I can put it. I'll leaving this alone for now.
I hope everyone has had a great short week. I have three more hours of freedom until the regular weekend starts. I see IT Crowd, cofee and possibly some knitting coming my way.
1 comment:
I'm so jealous of your afternoon off! I've been running myself ragged lately, and really could use one of those.
I haven't really heard of the first few artists on your list... Have to check them out.
You will have to check out Adele's new album 21!!! Did you know it's like the hugest album of 2011?? I don't have it because it's all about breakups, and listening to that music too often makes me mopey, but I like what I've heard of it so far.
And as for Metals, I love it, but I think it requires multiple listens to really get. I find that I've listened it to enough that the songs are now imbedded in my cells, and I'm constantly humming one of them. It makes great music to have on while you're doing stuff, and before you know it, the songs are part of you. Or at least for me they are.
Post a Comment