Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Etsy Favourites

I've never given friends or family a "list" of gifts for myself, that's just not what it's about for me. Sure, some people are really hard to buy for and for those people in my life I keep lists of ideas throughout the year - seriously I do.

But, now that my mom and I live so far apart it's really hard for her to think of things that I would want or need so she usually asks me for ideas, not specific items but ideas. This year I had a most excellent idea - I shared my Etsy Favourites with her.

This way if she wanted she could buy something that she knew I would like or simply get ideas and go shopping herself. Brilliant!!

I emailed her when I found this bag on Etsy because I loved it so much. I told her in the email that if she had no intention of buying it for me to let me know because I would buy it myself.



A few days later we were chatting on the phone and I asked her if she saw the bag. Here is how our conversation went:

J: So, what do you think?
M: Well, I'm not sure.......
J: If you totally aren't interested just let me know.
M: Well......
J: I'm in front of the computer now, let me just look at it again.....oh NO. It SOLD!!!
M: (silence)
J: (panicking) Oh crap! She only had one, maybe I'll write her and ask her to make me another one...
M: No, DON'T. Merry Fucking Christmas, I BOUGHT IT.


Mom's dropping the f-bomb, Jabba's laughing her head off. It was one great Christmas moment.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Way to go mom! It's like Christmas and April Fools all rolled into one.

Dana said...

I think it's such a great idea to support artists at any time (obviously), but it's especially great to have your giftmas wish list be your Etsy favourites! Way to go! And huzzah to Christmas f-bombs!

Unknown said...

Oh Jen!! Mommy doesn't swear!! EVER!! :p