I know what you're thinking - didn't she just make a bag last week? Yes, yes I did. I'm a confessed bagaholic, but this one was a gift for one of my best buddies.The Jane Market Bag! One of my favourite craft blogs Posie Gets Cozy (which is in my blogroll), gave me the inspiration and the pattern.

Since I'm also a certified nerd, I'm also including this photo which describes part of the process, well - for me anyway.
Lately my sewing projects include all the usual suspects: tape measure, chalk, Ziggy crowding the table, scissors...but I also include AutoCAD. I can't live without it! I have to draw the fabric pieces and then sketch out what I'll be cutting out. It makes me feel like I really know what I'm doing.In fact in one of my latest sewing projects, I actually did a section through the edge detail, just so I could get it straight in my mind before proceeding. Yeah, I think it's time to get back to work.
6 comments:
It's just the prettiest bag ever! I love how Ziggy helps :D
OHMYGOSH!! It is SOO Robin Mc. Reedonkalus cute! I had no clue AutoCad is versatile like that. Design a building, make a bag. :)
Awesome just awesome!
can you post your cad drwgs? mmmmmm.... technical.
chantoon.
That is truly truly a gorgeous thing. I LOVE the fabric. Is it Amy Butler?
Chris - Yes, it's all Amy Butler. Don't you love her stuff?!
Chantoon - I can't believe I'm going to do this....
Post a Comment