We finally bought a turntable.
There's something about choosing a record, pulling out the vinyl and plunking the needle down that is so much better than .mp3 files. There's so much more intention to listening to music this way. I love hearing the album in the order the artist wanted me to hear it - while looking through the art work and lyrics.
And record stores?! Oh how I miss them. We have a couple here and they're great. I took my mom to one when she was here and she ended up talking with a guy her age about "how expensive records are these days." All this was happening as I dropped $80 on my two favourite Bowie albums.
The other day I took a break from work, wandered into the living room and put on an album. I sat here and savoured Side B, then went back to work.
Our record collection is small but mighty. My favourite Stones album, more Bowie, some Tom Waits and other random awesomeness. I can see this getting out of hand financially.
Next up: Pink Floyd, Tom Waits' entire discography and Led Zeppelin.
1 comment:
SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
A recent acquisition to my collection is Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes (remastered for vinyl). Sound amazing.
Post a Comment