This year they felt like they had seen enough of downtown Victoria and wanted to get out to do more hikes and beaches. So we took them out to some of our favourite places.
Remember the time(s) I was afraid of werewolves? Or the time my flashlight went out? Or the other time..... yeah I think you get the idea.
I forgot what hiking with my dad is like.
Mom and I end up being perfect targets. Dad and Brad get ahead of us and Mom and I end up visiting, looking at plants and trees. In other words - totally distracted. Dad hid in the trees and growled at us as we walked by.
This seriously happened.
And I almost peed my pants.
It's ridiculous too because Mom and I end up screaming and bouncing off each other to get away. If it was a real bear we would have no chance.
The second time, he actually ran up behind us and grabbed us. I haven't screamed that loud since I was six.
Perfect Targets
On our last hike, they got ahead of us again and we couldn't see them. Mom and I literally couldn't move because we thought for sure he was going to jump out at us any moment. We just stood there and yelled "This isn't funny. Come out now, we're aware of you."
They were actually just innocently ahead of us.


3 comments:
Isn't it winter?? The fact that you can go hiking at this time of year amazes me!
^^ This is why I love Vancouver Island. Yes, it might be cooler and wet in the "winter", but there is technically year-round hiking. BUT: Remind me never to go hiking with your dad, Jabba. I couldn't handle it.
Sounds great!!
Post a Comment