Monday, January 26, 2015

Nesting

What's your favourite time of day?

Other than the obvious - 5pm on Friday or waking up on Saturday morning - I also like the time right before I fall asleep.....

My other favourite time of day is lunch. Lately I've been going to the same place and losing myself in a book. I almost always read during lunch unless someone crashes my party.*


I order some variant of the same thing - a yummy coffee with caramel and either a scone or croissant. I find a cozy table in the back and I make a nest. I prop my book open, warm my hands on my coffee and dig into my scone. Ahhh, it's the best.

I'm not just reading any book right now. I'm reading about insane physics, parallel universes, particles and black holes. Stuff I can completely get lost in.


My brain feels a bit like mush when I head back to work but it's so satisfying.


*Which is always a welcome event A and D!

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Hmmm, not sure what my fave time of day it. I have to think on this.

I do enjoy if I get to work early (which is rare) and I have a half hour of calm before the kids come in. I have a hard time waking up so this happens though.

Dana said...

My favourite time of day is mid- to late afternoon. By then, I'm (hopefully) wide awake and settled into my day, but I'm not tired enough to start thinking about sleep. Marty usually does his rides mid-day, so I get the "place" (wherever that is) to myself to read, write, think, and ponder. Delicious!