Saturday, October 25, 2014

First Week Back

I just finished my first week back at work after my double jaw surgery. A bit of a shock being back after six weeks off but the timing was right. Honestly, it felt good to be out in the world again.

I have really supportive work mates and felt so pressure at all to work full time. It was a relief to go back to an environment like this after everything I had been through. I took a couple hours off each day, mainly because I was starving by 3pm and had to go home to eat.*

Remember when I quit my job a few months ago? Well, this is my new office.



It's a "boutique firm" which is trendy talk for "a super small office". I've always worked for big firms - minimum 20 employees. In my new office there is one full time employee and everyone else, including me are on contract. The reason is that they're a new firm and just getting started.

This is so refreshing after working for giant firms. It feels more personal - the relationship I have with my work mates, the projects and the clients.

It's also exciting to get in on the ground level and work for a small firm. I'm super stoked.

Today it's pouring rain - a perfect day to stay home. Lots of baking, cocktail drinking, baseball watching and reading happening here.


* I'm still not willing to eat in public yet.

1 comment:

rawbean said...

Yay! Back at work. Your office looks really nice.

It's raining here too...so hard to be productive! But I managed a hot yoga class and a run...in the rain...brrr