You know you've hit the big time in nerdiness when you have collections. I have some - yarn, fabric, books - the usual stuff. I'm not embarrassed about any of it. I'm not embarrassed about what I'm about to tell you either...just sayin'.
I collect error messages.
Let me share a few and maybe you will understand.
"Problems"
This is one of my favourites. I find it super helpful and because of this message I was able to figure out exactly what was wrong. Uh-huh. It happened in Revit (which produces some of the best errors ever) and was related to AutoCAD which is also a good source of madness.
OK, what's wrong? Use your words and slow down....
I got this one this week at work. This error is one reason why I hate PCs and upgraded to a Mac at home. Now I realize that these types of messages are likely created for IT people, but let's get real. What am I supposed to say to my IT guy when I call him? My favourite bit is the error: 26. Right.....
Victim Impact Statement
I didn't realize all this drama was happening right in front of me!? It seemed like murder was being commited inside my computer and I could only stand by, laugh nervously as I created my screen grab and quietly hit the OK button.
Ummmm....?
There are a few Revit error messages like this one, I have another one that just says "Light Source". It's another message where you take a look around you to make sure nothing is amiss and quietly click 'Close' and move on with your life.
My Favourite Error Message of all Time
(drum roll please)
I've heard about a legendary Revit error message that says something like 'Warning: You have no Warnings' but I have yet to see it. Even though I like to brag about the model I created that had no warnings.


3 comments:
Those are great!! Especially the one about the victim.
AWESOME COLLECTION!
I love it.
Hahahaha! Totally made my day. Best Nerd Collection EVER! :)
Post a Comment