Monday, October 8, 2012

Coolest Rock Ever

I love rocks. There is no shortage of them on the island - that's a fact. We've been collecting rocks for a few years now. We have a giant one on the coffee table that is "the perfect rock" - smooth, a perfect ellipse. It was awesome when we found it.

When we got married Rawbean drew a cartoon of us for our wine bottles. We saved one of the bottles and now we use it for the small rocks we like. There are lots of super cool rocks in there. Orange ones, wish rocks, pieces of beach glass....you get it.


 A few weeks ago we went to a beach east of Sooke. I love these rocky beaches!


 It was one of our typical weekend road trips - books, sunscreen, and ice cream on the way as usual.

We hung out on the beach and read for a while, then started looking around. That's when I found the coolest rock ever!


What a great find. It's an alien rock!

3 comments:

Christielli said...

That is a great rock! Also love your wedding wine bottle! Yay to rawbean for her drawing skillz.

CitricSugar said...

Wicked! Sci-fi and geology in one tiny package...

Dana said...

Awesome! I love those rocky beaches, too.