Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wrong Fabric

I bought some fabric that I've had my eye on for a long time - we're expecting a new nephew this week. Rocket ships, cars and squirrels - perfect for his first quilt from Auntie.

This is the fabric:


Imagine my surprise when I opened my package from the online fabric store and found this:


Although it wasn't at all what I ordered, I was instantly taken with this fabric. Seriously - the ant farms? The insects in jars? Snakes? It's a great quilt for a little guy. 

The fabric store was amazing too - they sent me my original order and let me keep the wrong fabric.

Two quilts!

3 comments:

Dana said...

What a strange mix-up! It seems like you received somebody else's boy-themed fabrics instead of the ones you ordered. Total score on getting to keep everything, though. Great service on the part of the fabric store!

rawbean said...

Both are super cute! So exciting! We need (and by 'we' I mean 'you') to motivate eachother to quilt (by 'eachother' I mean 'me').

Oooot!

Christielli said...

Haha! Even before I read which wrong fabric you liked, I also picked out the fabric with insects and snakes as good for a little boy.

Good luck with your quilt. I'm hoping to finish my baby sweater soon before the baby grows out of it. He's growing SOOOO fast this child!