So I rented a car and got this! It was orange!
I've been working hard lately (ie: 12 hour days) so I really needed a break. Since I was going in the middle of the week on super short notice, I couldn't manage to take Brad with me and make a day of it, so I decided to take Chip the Canadian Beaver instead! Here we are in the car in front of my place getting read to leave.
It was the perfect day for a road trip - warm, sunny weather. I made sure my ipod was all loaded up with lots of Plastic Operator, Zoot Woman and Prince for the drive.
Not far out of Victoria I came across one of those pull-offs that looked like it had an amazing view of the island down to the ocean from the mountains....but I missed the turn off. I managed to pull off for this view though. Yeah, I know....
Here is Nanaimo, I drove through without stopping.
Next stop was Parksville - my destination! I went to the job site, spent some time there blah blah who cares.... and was starving by the time I was finished. I found a White Spot and had a burger and started a new book that so far is amazing. After that, time to head back....
....but I wanted to make one stop first...
...the beach!!! Parksville has gorgeous beaches. Years ago when I moved to Vancouver I went to a sandcastle competition there, it was amazing. Not much has changed.
It was getting colder and felt like it was going to rain so I didn't stay too long. I wished I had time to wander in the tide pools though - the kids down there were having a blast.So I drove back home, it rained a little bit then was sunny and warm by the time I got back to Victoria. I had such a great day.

9 comments:
OH. MY. GOD.
This post is so cool (kidding).
I love this line:
"spent some time there blah blah who cares...."
I'm so honored little chip got to go with you! Looks like he (and you) had a blast!
My word verification is "fopal" I think it stands for forever pal (cheesy moment!)
You should have let Chip drive for awhile. I would have liked to see a pic of him behind the wheel. lol.
I love road trips! Too bad you weren't able to take Brad along, but I'm sure Chip made a great travel companion, too. :)
LOL to galapagos comment!
Okay, you know what I really wanted to do?
I wanted to find a log on the beach and sit down with Chip next to me, both looking out at the water....then set up the camera behind me to take a picture.
But I didn't have time and couldn't find a good place to do it!
I'm envious of your work road-trip. It looks like a great time!
I love the pictures of Chip. They are hilarious! And he seems like a quality beaver!
Fantastic post! I laughed very loud and almost swallowed my raisin toast wrong. Riot, absolute riot!
He IS a quality beaver but ooooh... don't swallow your raisin toast wrong, he can't help it!
LOL.. So awesome. Seriously!
Post a Comment