I think it's amazing that you can give an artist something so basic and they can create something like Marty did. Check out his website to find out more about the progress he went through to create his panel - do it.I'm especially touched by the Heroes mural. Check out this site, seriously.
3 comments:
Oh wow Marty's piece is BEAUTIFUL! A true artist. I will have to go check out this exhibit for sure! Thanks for the heads up Jabba.
SO COOL, hey? (Even though I might be a wee bit biased...) :)
The range of artists participating in every mural just blows me away. Emerging and unknown artists all the way to Canadian icons... 16 year olds to 91 year olds-- it's truly incredible.
My favourite thing to do (and I suggest you all do the same) is to go to the mural mosaic website and click on the panels for wherever the 'eyes' are. It's mind-blowing to see how a painting that is totally NOT AN EYEBALL can end up looking like one when it comes together with all of the other paintings.
Anyway, as you can tell, this whole concept really excites me! If we can't make it to the actual unveiling, we want to make it there at some point during the Games for sure. I secretly want to go to the unveiling, though, in case they ask 'Are any of the artists here today?', and then I can show Marty off like the true PROUD PARTNER I am! :)
Rawbean - Do! It! ....and report back to me. God, it looks like so much fun in Vancouver right now....
Dana - That's EXACTLY what I do - zoom in on the eyeballs and it blows my mind every time. Or even the edge of something like a shoulder or face. SO. CRAZY.
I hope you guys make it over, it's really special.
Post a Comment