"The scenic route in Victoria runs along the ocean. Uplands, Beach Drive, Dallas Road. Something's always happening out on the water, and even when there isn't, people go to look."
or
"...as he makes his way toward Cook Street."
I know these places.
I keep forgetting to mention the books where I got the first lines from in this post. So here they are:"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
1984 - George Orwell
"One evening of late summer, before the nineteenth century had reached one-third of its span, a young man and woman, the latter carrying a child, were approaching the large village of Weydon-Priors, in Upper Wessex, on foot." The Mayor of Casterbridge - Thomas Hardy
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
Pride and Prejusice - Jane Austen
"There was no possibility of taking a walk that day."
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
"They're all dead now." Fall on your Knees - Ann-Marie MacDonald
So I'm a walking before-photograph. You know - the before photograph of someone before the get their make over? Yeah, that's me. So I spotted a cute little hair salon downtown and have decided to take the plunge and just go there and trust them to give me a good hair cut.
I told the girl on the phone that I need serious help and she said "Okay....I'll book you with Dave." I did some research on their website and he was on the reality show Superstar Hair Challenge. Sweet! Now this will be interesting. (Please don't expect me to post photos of my before and after on this blog, I'm too shy, there is a photo of me through the windshield of my car in my last post - I think that's enough.)
1 comment:
Alright,you have totally convinced me to read Anne-Marie McDonald. She'll be next on my trip to the library.
Soo exciting about the haircut. Hopefully we'll get a description of the new doo!
Post a Comment