The problem with this diet is that I've eliminated two entire food groups: Wheat and Dairy.
I dare you to try it for one day. What would you eat for breakfast? Remember now - no toast, no milk, no yogurt....yeah. It's tough.
So the other day we were in the grocery store. Lately - like when I have to wander down the ice cream aisle - I tend to explore. I passed by the Cool Whip and thought "Ohmigod! It's an edible oil product!! Maybe I can HAVE THAT?!!"*
(You have no idea the cravings I've had for something, anything creamy - creme brulee, yogurt, chocolate mousse.....oh man.)
So, I open the freezer, grab a tub of the stuff and start to read the ingredients....I can eat it - there isn't anything natural in there!! As I'm standing there day dreaming about all I could do with it and how it would satisfy my craving for something creamy, I hear the dreaded words from behind me: "What are you doing?"

Man, does Brad ever bring the hammer down hard. If it wasn't for him I would have caved in weeks ago and eaten and entire loaf of home made bread slathered with butter, fresh out of the oven.
*I'm not normally tempted to buy Cool Whip.
4 comments:
He wouldn't let you buy it??? How cruel.
I totally relate! When I was on that cleanse in January all I could think about was hamburgers. Haven't eaten a hamburger since 1995.
Love how Brad busted your cool whip fantasy. :)
Green Cuisine (Market Square) is vegan. No dairy but they use wheat/wheat products in some recipes. However, they carefully list all the ingredients of everything on the menu so you can pick and choose. The tofu cheesecake is delicious it's both wheat and dairy free. then there's the wheatfree Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Mousse Cake and.... You can see the day's menu (and all ingredients) at http://www.greencuisine.com/ Bon appetit!
Rawbean - you know what is sad? I'm still thinking of ways I could use it.
IG - It's like when you deprive your body of something, it kicks you back with cravings for things you would never think about before.
Ben - Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I've been craving chocolate cake too and if the wheat free chocolate mousse cake on the menu tastes as good as it sounds I might have to drag Brad down there this weekend.
Post a Comment