Ladies and gentlemen we have some good news for you: we will be docking at Swartz Bay between 9:20 and 9:30.
Uhhh...pardon?? How is this good news?
Apparently there was an announcement earlier that we didn't hear. We went the long way around the islands because we didn't have enough engine power to make it through Active Pass.
Did I mention it was totally snowing hard the whole time? I know, I know....it snows all the time in the rest of the country - I grew up on the prairies! But when it snows here, it's like the end of the world. So awhile later another announcement:
Just to update you folks on the condition of the highways: they are wet and clear.
Sweet! 10 minutes later:
Ladies and Gentlemen, just an update on the highway conditions: covered in snow, visibility is low and it's freezing and icy.
It took us over an hour to get home. Driving 30km on the highway. Normally about a 35 minute drive.
So it snowed all night and the wind out here - it's unbelievable. I should know this wind - we used to be on a first-name basis. I swear it's straight out of the prairies, but it's creepy. I lived in Vancouver too long - I forgot what REAL wind is like. So there is a big difference between Victoria and Vancouver. When was the last time the wind woke you up in Vancouver?
Anyway, yesterday there was tons of snow (well, 6" anyway) so we went out for a walk. We built the best snowman EVER! I am in love with him.

4 comments:
?? The wind wakes me up all the time, city girl. ;)
It blows like crazy near enough to Vancouver.
OMG crazy ferry ride but even more crazy? The cuteness of that snowman! I love the picture of you petting it! What shoes are you wearing? I never know what to wear when it snows. I can't remember what I wore in Winnipeg and it hasn't been that long!
Awe!! We'll be over soon little buddy, i can't wait! Too bad you won't be there! We need another girls weekend soon!
I hear you girls. I just came from a place that reminded me of a prairie town. It was spooky and cold.
I might rethink this Montreal gig.
P.S. I didn't write you a letter! I ran out of time. Plus, now I'm home with some weird virus.
Post a Comment